Saturday, November 13, 2010

Excuses excuses


Whoops I missed National Santa Letter week but that's okay because it's WAY TOO EARLY. Look people I know Christmas is all roly poly snowmen and PRESENTS OMG PRESENTS EVERY WHERE YOU TURN YOUR HEAD but let's have a little respect for the turkey day okay? When you start to salivate over fir trees and jingle bells before the stuffing is even in the oven, it gives Thanksgiving a complex. Like it's Christmas' awkward little sister who will never be mom and dad's favorite. Stop that.

So my non-celebration of National Santa Letter week was a willful act of defiance against this eroding of Thanksgiving's precious self esteem. Not at ALL the fact that going back to school, working 40 hours a week and maintaining some semblance of a social life is slowing rotting away my brain and I haven't had a normal sleep schedule since September. No no, none of that. THIS WAS WILLFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment