Sunday, October 4, 2009

Case of the 23rd Birthday

I have a birthday coming up on Tuesday. I don't know why I feel like this birthday has to be something special but I do. It's just 23- an awkward, uneven number that doesn't celebrate any milestones or anything. But I can't seem to shake the feeling that this year o' 23 is going to be much much more different than 22. Maybe it's because I have noticed my social world is slowly shifting.

Let's lay down the evidence.

  • I clip coupons and bookmark recipes because saving money and eating better are becoming more important to me than extra vodka tonics every Friday night.
  • I am finding myself more and more often perfectly content to decline an invitation out, to watch TV or movies on my couch with a mug of tea instead.
  • I have friends who are either married, getting married or engaged.
  • It is dawning on me that I need to make moves towards one or more of my life goals. Like oh, yeah a career? They are not on eBay friend. I checked.
Conclusion?

i am growing up.

OH MY GOD, THIS IS HORRIFYING. I'm now accepting Toys 'R Us gift cards for my birthday ya'll, excuse me while I go have Skittles and chocolate milk for dinner and jump on my bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment