Sunday, March 6, 2011

March 2011 Love Drop

If I could have any job in the world, I'd want to be a happiness fairy. I would want to spend my days making other people happy. I firmly believe it's about the little things. So I'd drop off cupcakes to people having a shitty day, bring home lost dogs and refuse the reward... anything else in my power to make someone else's day a little brighter. My uniform would be a black tutu with stars and a glow in the dark t-shirt. And glitter. There has to be glitter somewhere in this equation.


But I haven't yet found a financial backer for this dream so in the meantime, I signed up for LOVE DROP. Each month two guys pick someone to do something nice for. This month a kick-ass woman named Katie is taking down her SECOND brain tumor. Throw a dollar Love Drop's way to make Katie's day (RHYMING NOT ON PURPOSE.)




 
Last month the Love Drop Team raised over $13,000 (and 3 iPads!) to help two little boys with autism receive a service dog. They were beyond touched, and we did this in only 1 month - that's it. Everyone came together and gave a few bucks each to impact one family's life. If you were a part of it, THANK YOU!  You can check out the final video of us showing up to their house here - it's pretty cool.
 
This month we start all over again and rally behind Katie, a single mom out in Dallas battling not only two brain tumors so far (she's knocked out one, and currently working on the other), but who's also dealing with hydrocephalus. We're teaming up with folks at Blissdom this month to not only bring the community her way, but to make a huge dent in her medical bills.
 
Wanna help?  Here are 3 ways we could use you:
  1. Give $1.00 - This is the best way to help out and join our team at the same time.
  2. Join our blogger network - Blog about our Love Drops each month like I am :) It's easy, it's rewarding, and it REALLY helps spread the word (which in turn helps our families). Love Drop will give you all the content you need.
  3. Give a gift or provide a service - Gift cards are always helpful. Places like Target, Safeway, gas stations, etc would definitely help them out.
Thanks for reading!  Here's to love, baby.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa-I hadn't heard of this before!!! I just signed up and will be giving my buck - who can't spare a dollar????
    I am also ready to be a Happiness Fairy as my new career. They will probably need more than one. I know how to make great cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete