Friday, July 23, 2010

Crushed reproductive organs are all in a day's work I guess...

From we heart it
I work with kids during the summer. It's hilarious, exhausting and amazing.

The other day one of the little boys who has some special needs interrupted me with, "Can I feel your heartbeat?" He laid his head over my heart for a minute and then walked away. It was a seriously beautiful moment.

And then there's days like today where I get hit from across the field with a soccer ball to the left fallopian tube.

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww and OUCH! Watch out for those "parts"! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked with kids for over ten years but now only volunteer once a year ~ I can totally relate to the juxtapose of having these wonderful, beautiful moments before dramatically getting a 180 kick in the fallopian tube ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, you're hilarious.
    Secondly, thank you so much for your kind words about my dad, I really appreciate your genuine compassion, it means so much at a time like this.

    xo
    Simone

    ReplyDelete