Monday, May 17, 2010

Make It Happen May- Embrace the sun!


Summer. SUMMER SUMMER SUMMERRRRR. I am in love with/obsessed with this season. I walked around today in a t-shirt. TEE SHIRT AND NO JACKET. It was weird, I felt naked. And you know what? I LIKED IT. The point of all this is that now I can start knocking things off my life list that are really best done in the warmer months.

So why not let that inspire you to add a whole new passel (I've been trying to slip that word in somewhere for MONTHS) of bullet points in your 'Things to do before I die' collection? And then throw on some flip flops (Apparently there are people out there that don't like flip flops. To that I say RIDICULOUS. Are your toes THAT sensitive? Do you also hold them during the scary parts in movies and tuck them in at night? Tell your precious tootsies to man up and BE FREE.)

So I'll be adding things like going to the farmer's market, water parks and a teddy bear picnic with my baby brothers. So I'm posting the summer-only portion of my LIST here for everyone to see. Now you can yell at me periodically if I haven't made enough progress.

*Go to the Cloisters
*Tailgate BBQ & minor league baseball game
*SplashDown Water Park
*Beer-b-que with friends
*Try at least three new fruits (Just had blackberries yesterday so 1/3 down!)
*Coney Island Mermaid Parade
*127 Sale (I need a partner for this one HINT HINT)
*Go lose my mind in this art store
*Beach bonfire
*NYC Street Fairs
*Make my own popsicles
*Camp in the backyard with my brothers
*Get an amazing tan without half my face peeling off two days later

That's all for now but I'm sure I'll add more the warmer it gets. What are you going to do this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment