Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Why Not Wednesday

I've been helping take care of a newborn baby the past week and a half which is why I haven't been around too much. She's very cute and I love her but let's just say I feel this is much more effective lesson in the importance of my using contraception than the Health class I took in high school.

Anyway I've been on a reading binge lately and one of the books I got into was Dead after Dark (The first Sookie Stackhouse novel aka True Blood- better than Twilight in my opinion) and I can already feel myself itching to get all the other books in the series. I love vampires, ghosts, the Loch Ness Monster, mermaids, Bigfoot... all those creatures and stories. I DON'T love that I scare the bejeezus out of myself at night reading things or watching documentaries but I'm a wimp and I've come to terms with it.

So this Wednesday's question is: Which mythical beast/ creepy creature would you rather meet?

I'd have to say mermaids. Though the idea of me, swimming nicely and minding my own business and then being yanked underwater by one of their cold clammy hands FREAKS ME THE EFF OUT, (I don't swim in water I can't see the bottom of thanks to them and sharks) I'd still want to see one in real life. Do they have legs or tails? Do they look like people or fish? I hope they talk human- what if they just blub or make those high-pitched sonar noises whales and dolphins do? SO MANY QUESTIONS!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, good question. :) Mermaids would be the safest choice I think. I never heard of a mermaid that could kill. Maybe my own Edward Cullen, that I knew loved me passionatly and promised not to bite me? lol

    Oh & I don't go in the ocean past my knees either. I love the beach & the sound of the waves but I have seen Jaws way too many times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been stung by jellyfish too often to get into the ocean without being able to see my toes- I'm also terrified of giant squid which are much less common than sharks but still horrifying!

    I'm with you on the personal vampire thing, unluckily for us Edward is one a million! (Oh, and fictional but that's a minor detail...) I just read the first book in the Sookie Stackhouse series (Dead after Dark by Charlaine Harris) and even though this might be blasphemy- I liked it better than Twilight! I don't know if you watch True Blood and already know the story but these books are like Twilight's older more experienced sister, you should check them out if you're in a vampire mood!

    Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the award- you TOTALLY made my week :)

    ReplyDelete