Monday, November 16, 2009

Recipe Experiment= Success

I just made my favorite meal EVER in the crockpot. I want to eat it everyday for the rest of my life! I love it so much I kind of don't want to share the leftovers with my guest tomorrow night because he eats like a wildebeest and that will leave less for me...

At my job, we have a jalapeno cilantro sauce that I call "crack sauce". The chef refuses to give me the exact recipe because he knows I'm addicted and I think he likes to hear me beg. I have however somehow cajoled the ingredient list, but he's still holding onto the measurement info. So I'm sorry if the recipe isn't very detailed- I don't know the exact amounts myself!

I really can't seem to get over my inability to cut up bone-in chicken so I used about 1-2 pounds of chicken breast in varying states of boneless-ness. I marinated them in the "crack sauce" overnight in the fridge before I cooked this today.

Secret recipe ingredients:

Garlic cloves
Cilantro
Jalapeno
A little bit of olive oil (just enough to help it blend really)
Salt
Sugar

Throw all of this in the blender until it is liquid. It should be fairly spicy (or less spicy if thats how you like it) and ours tastes more of cilantro than garlic. I'm convinced you can't go wrong with any of these ingredients anyway so just make it to taste! I used enough of this to cover the chicken in the tupperware with about a half inch of liquid above.

In the crock pot throw:

Marinated chicken and all the extra sauce o' deliciousness
Can of pinto beans (or any beans you want, though I think pinto or maybe red would be best personally)
Can of diced tomato and chilis (in retrospect it could have done with more tomato but that's just because I love tomatoes)
Some onion or onion powder.

I considered adding corn but I've eaten corn practically everyday this week somehow so I opted to leave it out for now. Really though, I think you can add anything- this sauce makes everything in life better. I cooked on low for 6 hours, shredded the chicken and served it over white rice. I had two bowls and had to hide it from myself in the fridge because I kept picking at the leftovers.

So good.

1 comment:

  1. Hey cutie! I just wanted to let you know that the 'Year in Yes' 2010 calendar is officially for sale now, if you're still keen! Thanks for making Yes and Yes part of your day ;)

    ReplyDelete