Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Beggars CAN be choosers

After shelling out a large majority of my bank account for my deposit and rent, (there's a certain pride I have in being able to say I only have $7 in my savings for some sick reason) the only clear way to make myself feel better was to eat. Calories are somehow directly related to feelings didn't you know? And clearly we must kick my wallet when it's down, so why not eat out? One delicious and not free burrito and unsweet tea later, I had to head over to work.
As I waited for the walk sign I heard a familiar Midtown line-
"Excuse me miss, do you have any money?"
"No sorry, but would you like my food?" (I hold up the bag of chips and salsa left over from lunch)
"What is it?"
"Um, chips and salsa?"
"Nah, no thanks- I have ice cream already."

No comments:

Post a Comment